Sunday, September 2, 2007

A Mother and Daughters Journey...

For the first time in my relationship with my oldest daughter, I find us both on a personal journey with our Heavenly Father and discovering His love for his daughters. To be on a similar journey with your child can bring you close together but can also bring about division.
" Our fight is not against flesh and blood, but the enemy of darkness". Easy to say and read, not so easy to remember and believe in the midst of a personal journey. I find myself feeling hurt because of my daughters desire to be with her dad, which then makes it's quick decent to anger. A part of me is so glad that she has this wonderful relationship with her dad, and another part makes me wonder why she treats our family and our home like a "pit stop". Like it's a place to just wait, until she can go to her dad's.
I have realized through much prayer and process, that I devalued our time as a family to her. That I made her time with her dad seem more valuable than our time with her. I try not to condemn myself for doing that, because I did it in hopes of making living in two homes as good and as easy as possible.
So now what? Well, I believe the Lord will make my path straight and His wisdom will come as to how to regain in her eyes, our family's value, my value as a mom and how to step out in authority to regain her confidence and security in her life.
One thing I know, is I don't have the answers. I don't have a game plan. All I know for sure, is that she and I need to lean on the Lord during this time, stay in His truth and not react on our emotions. In the end we will be closer to our Heavenly Father and each other in the process.

Just a thought...