Friday, June 29, 2007

Making your past a present reality

When I think back, my mind takes me back to a time when things seemed a lot simpler. Why does the past always seem less rushed, less materialistic, less everything but rich in memories? Maybe it's because we were young and lived with our own perception of what the world was. I mean when I was 5 years old my biggest concern was playing with Barbie dolls. When I became a teenager I was consumed with being an adult, making my own decisions and getting out on my own. Now that I'm on my own and have been for 18 years +, I long for the days of the less paced lifestyle. The time to sit and day dream of what the future holds. To put it plainly; just have a relaxed spirit. A spirit that can sit, think and ponder without the distraction of my mind rushing to the grocery list, the kids activities and let's not forget the guilt trips we take ourselves on daily.I say all this not in sadness, but in a posture of wanting to obtain this lifestyle again. Not to live in a memory, but to put my foot down and say, "No more!", I will not concede to what the world deems a successful person. The commercial that is and will be forever embedded in my brain is the one that shows a linen closet with neatly folded towels and then the camera pans out to a beautiful outside seashore and it says,"your kids won't remember the neatly folded towels in the linen closet..."
Just a thought...