Thursday, May 24, 2007

Is the Lord leading us to home churches?

I've been hearing the buzz around....home churches. At first I thought, "wow, this could really go bad", and then a flashback of Waco came to my mind. So I thought, well since I have heard this idea a few times, I thought I should take this to the big man upstairs and see if this was on His radar.
After fighting my own opinions in my mind and getting down to praying, a peace came over me. A peace like you get from grandma's house on a fall night, with the smell of a roaring fire and hot apple pie. Ok, that isn't anything I have actually experienced first hand but I've seen it on TV and it does seem peaceful.
I believe the Lord longs for people to become more intimate with one another, to spur on a more intimate relationship with Himself. What a better way to make disciples, than to have a setting like a home. I mean seriously, that's how they did it in Jesus' time. One could argue, "well, that was back in those times." But there is something to that approach.
I have heard people say, " America is blessed". While that is true, it is a double edge sword. While we are blessed monetarily, material, freedom of expression etc, because we are so blessed it leaves little room for us to NEED or rely on God.
This warrants the question: Is God leading us to the home church, to bring about intimacy with others, that would lead us to a need and reliance on our Lord, which would allow us to view our abundance through His eyes, thus using it as He intended?

Just a thought....